icastGo allows viewers to send questions to the speakers both during and after a webcast has ended for the speaker to answer if they choose.
These questions are transmitted in real time to both the speakers and the organizer, to delegate.
Once connected to the webcast, viewers will find a module allowing them to register their question(s) and send it to the speaker(s).
This module is located at the top right corner of the webcasts' interface.
The viewers must write their question in the field, once submitted they must wait 10 seconds before sending another.
Note: If they are not identified with the platform (security or registration), their name and email will be required.
For the speakers and the organizer
The viewers submitted questions will appear in two locations:
- On the right hand side of the Control Room, under the Questions tab
- From the Webcast Details page (before entering the control room)
Options for each question
- Mark as answered: As shown on the left-hand side of the question box, marking a question as answered moves it to the "Answered questions" tab which can be accessed by clicking on "Unanswered questions" and selecting the correct tab from the drop-down list. This feature allows the "Unanswered questions" tab to remain organized and easy to read.
- Hide : As shown on the left-hand side of the question box, hiding a question moves it to the "Hidden questions" tab which can be accessed by clicking on "Unanswered questions" and selecting the correct tab from the drop-down list. This feature allows the "Unanswered questions" tab to remain organized and easy to read.
Reasons for hiding a question can be that the question is inappropriate, it is not a question, question is not relevant, question is not understandable, etc.
Found on the right-hand side to the question
- Transfer to technical support : As shown in the drop-down list, it allows you to delegate the submitted questions to the icastGo support team for technical issues related to the platform and/or singular problems. However, the support team may not be able to solve the problem if it is caused by a misuse of the platform on the participants part or a misconnection of a speaker.
- Update : Allows you to edit the content of a question.
- View Unanswered Questions: Default display. New questions are listed here.
- View Hidden Questions: List only the questions that have been marked as hidden.
- View Answered Questions: Lists only the questions that have been marked as answered.
- Copy link*: Allows you to share the questions display link in a separate window but without the need for a connection.
Note that this link should only be shared with people who have permission to access the webcast content.
- Open in a new window*: Opens a new browser window designed for large-screen viewing where unanswered questions are displayed.
*from the Control Room only
An example of the questions moderator is shown below.
From the Webcast Details page it is possible to:
- Add a question manually (can also be done in the control rooms questions tab)
- Export the list of questions